From October 2021 we are back meeting in person. We put together a risk assessment for every meeting, and meeting guidance is given below. We would love to see you at our meetings, visitors are welcome (£4 donation), so why not come along and see if you like us before joining up? A year’s membership costs £40 and gives you free access to all our meetings plus the chance to join our social events and our active crafting, walking and book groups.
Next meeting: 14 October – Skinning the cat
We will be joined by Becky Truman, who in 1988 launched Skinning the Cat – Circus of the Sky. This was the UK’s first outdoor aerial company, producing groundbreaking narrative and character-based shows. Now retired from performing, Becky designs rigs and costumes and passes on her circus skills. At the meeting she will be sharing stories of her acrobatic life, and costumes from the shows.
The meeting is free to members, and £4 for visitors and guests.
BEFORE THE MEETING
- Please DO NOT ATTEND if you have any COVID 19 symptoms.
- If you’re able to, we’d really appreciate your taking a Lateral Flow / Rapid Antigen COVID 19 test shortly before coming to the meeting, even if you don’t have symptoms.
- Please wrap up warm for the meeting as we intend to keep some windows open to help with ventilation.
- Please bring a face covering and hand sanitiser.
AT THE MEETING
- To try and avoid congestion in the hall, access will be available from 7.00pm, the meeting will start at 7.30pm. Please feel free to arrive anytime within this window.
- Please remember to be respectful of people’s personal space, as for many it will be the first time they’re meeting in a group like this for a long time.
- Please space out when queueing to enter and for refreshments.
- We would really appreciate your wearing a face covering whilst queueing to get into the hall and for refreshments, and any time you need to move around. They can be removed when you’re sitting down though.
- Please ensure you register at the meeting, whether member or guest.
- Once you’re checked in, please go through for refreshments then find a seat.
- Once you’re seated, please try to avoid moving around unless you need to visit the toilets.
AFTER THE MEETING
- If you, or anyone in your household test positive for COVID 19 within 48 hours after the meeting, please let a member of the committee know as soon as possible. You will of course remain anonymous, but we will advise all other members who may need to take a PCR test.